We love doing make up for weddings. To be with you on your special day is as exciting for us as it is for you. And we mean that. You’re already beautiful… we’ll make you look stunning.Wedding make up varies for everyone. You want to stand out, but still feel comfortable with your look, from the church to the party. We know a few tricks to make it last all day, even if we do it at 9am!
We use the Art Deco range. Why? Because they are ‘of the moment’. Each season they bring out a new collection so we’re always up to date on the latest colours and trends. Which means you will be too.
Your wedding preparation is just as important as the big day itself. Which is why we encourage brides to start early. Come in and talk to us. Book an appointment for a chat so we can give you some time and some great advice.
This is the one time in your life where it’s all about you... and your groom of course! And the build up is half the fun.
- Always test treatments beforehand. The week of the wedding is not the time to try something new.
- Have trials for your tan, eyelash extensions, wax, make up… everything you’re thinking of having done for the day itself.
- You’ll probably be planning your wedding a year or so in advance, so take the opportunity to do the things you have put off, such as electrolysis (permanent hair removal) and reshaping your eyebrows.
- If you want your own natural nails for the wedding, start strengthening them early.
- In the months leading up to the day, have regular manicures.
- Have a trial make up session. It’s a good idea to do this the same day as the hair trial. Apart from being able to try out some different looks, it’s also great fun.
- Pay attention to your skincare routine in the months leading up to the wedding. If you’d like our advice, we can create a personalised routine that will suit your needs.
- On your wedding day: HAIR FIRST, THEN MAKE UP. And wear a zip up or cardigan, so you don’t have to pull anything over your head.
Drink lots (and lots) of water
Get plenty of sleep
Follow these simple steps and you’ll radiate!
A sample routine:
Wedding day – make up
Day before – manicure, check tan and eyebrows
2 days before – pedicure and tan
3 days/week before – facial and wax
Week before – there are numerous things you could do this week, depending on your budget, such as facials, manicures or even a back massage to ease away the stresses.
And a final piece of advice…
For those of us who have been there, this will be – genuinely – the best day of your life. For years to come, you’ll want to go back and experience it all over again. So relish every minute.